Ayurvedic massage has been practiced for centuries to improve overall health, reduce stress and detoxification. In Ayurveda, we highly recommend oil massage during pregnancy. Ayurvedic Massage during pregnancy has an important role for the healthy growth and development of a baby.
Ayurvedic Massage therapy during pregnancy is a safe and effective way of relieving many of the common pregnancy related discomforts:
- Relieves muscle cramps, spasms, especially in the lower back, neck, hips and legs
- Increases blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Improves outcome of labour and eases labour pain
- Helps relaxing the nervous system and the mind
- Promotes more restful sleep and can help preventing pregnancy related insomnia
- Massage may also relax your baby.
Ayurvedic Pregnancy Massage is a nurturing, relaxing and rejuvenating massage aimed to support women and to help them prepare for labour emotionally and physically. It works with gentle and repetitive strokes on the whole body, including head, hands and feet that contain some of the densest areas of nerve endings and acupressure points.
Warm and specific Ayurvedic medicated oil used in the massage increases relaxation and helps work the tissues in greater depth.
Duration– 60 min
Cost – $90
We advise to get Ayurvedic massage once a month during the pregnancy for optimal support and managing all the changes through each trimester.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH PAULA NARVAEZ