What is Marma Massage?
Marma is a Sanskrit word meaning “seat of Prana or Vayu” and denotes the vital energy points in the body. According to classical definitions, Marmas are conglomerations of two or more structures meeting (muscles, bones, tendons, arteries, veins, plexus and joints). There are 107 such Marmas that form crucial structures within the human body. Stimulating these vital energy centers can enhance health, whilst injury to them can cause disease and even death.
Marma massage is a special Ayurveda massage therapy that uses a technique of acupressure applied on these Marma points. This causes a flow of Prana (vital energy) through the minute channels in the body, restoring balance to the systems. This unique massage is said to balance, clear, and harmonize all the systems of the body.
Marma Massage is distinct from other types of massage worldwide. The knowledge of Marma forms an integral part of Ayurvedic massage therapy.
Marma Massage is distinct from other massage forms worldwide. The knowledge of Marma forms an integral part of ayurvedic massage therapy.
Marma massage is a special Ayurveda massage therapy that uses a technique of acupressure applied on these marma points. This causes a flow of prana (energy) through the minute channels in the body, restoring balance to the systems. This unique massage is said to balance, clear and harmonize all the systems of the body
Indications & Benefits
- Body ache, headaches, aches and pains, stiffness,
- Joint disorders, improper spinal alignment, sciatica, frozen shoulder, paraspinal spasm, muscle spasms,
- Psychological imbalances, anxiety, depression, phobias, stress, fatigue,
- Digestion issues, impaired bowel movements,
- Respiratory conditions, ,
- hormonal problems,
- neurological disorders such as sciatica, lumbago, paralysis and paresthesia, tremors, hemiplegia, paraplegia,
- Muscular conditions such as spasms, myasthenia gravis, muscular dystrophy/atrophy, muscle pulls and knots,
- Diabetes and several other conditions,
- Additionally, healthy individuals can greatly benefit from this rejuvenating massage.
- Stress relief and pain relief,
- Rejuvenation and relaxation,
- Improved energy levels and a positive frame of mind,
- Proper functioning of body systems .
Marma massage gives you a unique experience through pressure applied systematically on these vital points, leaving you free from pressures of the body and mind!
The Process on the Spot
Abhyanga (oil application) over the whole body is carried out with a Dosha-specific oil. The therapist will focus on Marma points to stimulate blood flow and tone up the surrounding muscle at the neuro-muscular junctions. Using the fingers, thumbs and heel of the palms, unique strokes and pressure are applied at different vital centres. The massage is followed by Swedana (fomentation/steam application).
60 min -90 min
Depending on the condition Marma massage can be combined with Patra / Churna Pinda Sweda, Bashpa Sweda, Shashtikashali Pinda Sweda, Nadi Sweda etc.
Marma massage (60min)
Include Kansa Face massage
Marma massage (90min)
Include Kansa Face & Foot massage