What is Karnapurana?
Karna Purana is an Ayurvedic therapy wherein the ears are filled with herbo-mineral oils that lubricate the delicate filaments of the ear canal, remove impurities, and improve hearing capacity. Karna means “ear” and Purana denotes “filling” or “pouring”.
The ears are an important sense organ. It is mentioned in the Ayurveda daily regimen (Dinacharya) that oil massage of the ears must be done every day to maintain good health. The ears are considered one of the seats of Vata Dosha and are therefore prone to Vata disorders. Karana Purana aids in the prevention and management of several auditory disorders.
The ears are an important sense organ. It is mentioned in the Ayurveda daily regimen (Dinacharya) that oil massage of the ears must be done every day to maintain good health. The ears are considered one of the seats of Vata Dosha and therefore are prone to Vata disorders. Karana Purana aids in the prevention and management of several auditory disorders.
Why is it Best?
- All healthy individuals can undergo Karna Purana therapy for maintenance of health and prevention of ear diseases.
- Karna Purana is indicated in earaches,
- It is indicated in poor hearing including sensory-neural and conductive deafness,
- Ear itching,
- Excess wax formation,
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears),
- Jet lag, ear popping/cracking after a flight,
- Tooth and gum diseases,
- Giddiness, improper balance, etc.
Benefits for You:
- Karana Purana is essential for maintenance of good ear health.
- Therefore, it forms a vital part of ear care along with Karna abhyanga (ear oil massage).
- It keeps the ear canal lubricated, cleans it of grime, dirt and extra wax, strengthens the ear bones, improves local immunity, auditory acuity and prevents neck stiffness.
- It improves the quality of sleep and alleviates restlessness, irritability and stress.
The Process on the Spot
The ear is filled with lukewarm medicated oil; roots of the ears are massaged. The oil is allowed to remain in the ear for a particular amount of time. Then the oil pool is absorbed with cotton and removed from the ear canal. The therapist will perform a gentle massage of the ear and surrounding region. Following this a cotton wick is used to remove excess oil from the ear canal, and any oil around the ear is wiped off.
Include Ear reflexology
Karna Poorana + Nasya
Include Ear reflexology + Face + Neck Massage