Panchakarma DetoxSome of the most common Panchakarma treatments include:
- Abhyanga: A relaxing, herbal-oil massage that removes impurities by stimulating arterial and lymphatic circulation.
- Shirodhara: A stream of warm, herb-infused oil poured over the forehead to create a profoundly calming effect on mind, body, and spirit.
- Swedana: This therapeutic steam bath is done by keeping the patient’s head and heart cool while the rest of the body is heated. Sweating removes mental, emotional, and physical toxins lodged deep in the tissues.
- Udvartana: An exfoliating herbal paste is applied to the skin and finished with a lymphatic massage. The result is radiant skin and release of stagnant lymphatic toxins.
- Virechana : The administration of purgative substances for the cleansing of Pitta/excess bile through the lower digestive tract.
- Vasti: A herbal enema that flushes toxins out of the colon.
- Nasya: A herbal preparation and/or oil drops inhaled through the nose to clear the sinuses of excessive mucus.