- A consultation room
- Rooms for Panchakarma, Ayurvedic massages, Shirodhara, and other treatments
- A herbal pharmacy with stocks of Ayuvedic therapeutic herbs, kitchen herbs and spices, organic products, herbal supplements, beauty products, medicinal oils, and personal hygiene products;
- Bathroom facilities.
A Little more about Sunshine Ayurveda
Sunshine Ayurveda is run and owned by a team of experienced Ayurveda doctors and therapists who offer authentic Ayurveda services in the Sunshine Coast region.
They are committed to the application of ancient healing practices based on Ayurvedic principles to remedy modern diseases. Sunshine Ayurveda provides a comprehensive range of authentic Ayurveda treatments targeted to individual health care.
The treatments offered at at Sunshine Ayurveda are based on the Keralian Panchakarma procedures which can be used to manage and treat the symptoms of a wide variety of common diseases. These include, amongst others:
- Autoimmune conditions– Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid arthritis, Lyme disease
- Cardiac disorders: hypertension, hypotension, palpitation, coronary/blood circulation disorders
- Excretory system diseases: renal calculus, kidney stone, prostatitis, UTI
- Gastrointestinal diseases: digestive disorder, acidity, constipation, colitis, hemorrhoids, hepatitis, Crohn’s disease, IBS
- Joint problems: arthritis, spondylitis, gout, back pain, sciatica
- Respiratory diseases: sinusitis, cough, hay fever, flu, allergic rhinitis
- Children’s Health: lowered immunity, flu with cough, malnutrition, digestive health
- Mental Health: addiction, depression, insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks
- Skin health: psoriasis, eczema, hair loss, acne, dermatitis
- Women’s health: irregular periods, cysts and fibroids, sterility, endometriosis, menopause, PCOS, Dysmenorrhea
Many other health problems and disorders, not listed above, can also be treated and healed with a wide range of Ayurvedic medicines.
About Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari
- Experienced holistic doctor, healer, teacher, and writer
- Specialized in Ayurvedic detox (Panchakarma)
- Trained in India and Nepal, the original lands of Ayurveda
- Graduate in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) from the Institute of Medicine at Tribhuwan University in Kathmandu.
- Professional member of Australasian Association of Ayurveda (AAA)
- Owner of Sunshine Ayurveda
Qualifications and experience
Dr Ram Bhandari holds distinguished qualifications in Ayurvedic medicine from the most reputable universities and hospitals in India and Nepal. He won a competitive scholarship to study Ayurvedic medicine, and completed six years of medical training in Kathmandu, Nepal.
He further augmented his medical degree with advanced training in Panchakarma at the Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda Foundation, a Centre of Excellence in Kerala, Southern India.
After graduating, Dr Bhandari was made a founding member and Panchakarma specialist in the largest Ayurvedic and Panchakarma private hospital in Nepal, the the Ojus Ayurveda Hospital and Research Centre in Kathmandu.
Dr Bhandari’s qualifications include specialisation in detoxification and rejuvenation therapy (Panchakarma), therapeutic yoga and breathing therapy (Pranayama), Vastu (Vedic architecture), and Jyotish (Vedic astrology). He has expertise in healing techniques including reflexology, relaxation massage, Marma therapy and Reiki healing.
Dr Bhandari practiced at an Ayurvedic Panchakarma resort on Madeira Island, Portugal, where he provided Ayurvedic consultations and treatments to guests from all over Europe. He also lectured in an Ayurvedic certification course at Associação Luso-Brasileira de Ayurvédica, Lisbon, and delivered workshops and consultations in Germany and the Netherlands.
Dr Bhandari has designed and delivered Ayurvedic training workshops in Europe, South America and Central America. The courses that he taught in Colombia include: Ayurvedic Practitioner Certification, Panchakarma, Shirodhara, Ayurvedic beauty therapy, Ayurvedic cookery, and Vastu Shastra. Ram has also taught Ayurveda for Yoga teachers in Nicaragua.
Before moving to the Sunshine Coast with his beautiful family, Ram was based on the Gold coast where, for five years, he managed a successful Ayurveda centre. He was among the sought out holistic practitioners and Ayurveda doctors in the Gold Coast region. He offered consultations, detox programs, Ayurveda courses, and regular workshops at the Gold Coast Yoga Centre, one of the well-established yoga schools on the Gold Coast.
Ram has a strong desire to educate and inform clients about the benefits of a holistic approach to healing, and to promote Ayurveda practices globally. With this aim in view, he started an Ayurveda blog in 2011 (www.ayurmantra.com). There you will find hundreds of articles about Ayurveda, yoga, herbs, natural remedies and more. His articles have also been published on other online sites and in print magazines.
In response to the increasing demand for holistic healing and Ayurveda treatments, Dr Bhandari has designed complete holistic centre in the heart of Maroochydore
Words of our Clients
Where nature meets bliss
Before meeting Dr Ram my physical and emotional health was deteriorating to the point of becoming seriously ill. Under the care and guidance of Dr Ram and Ayurveda prescriptions of herbs and Ayurveda treatments my health improved and I was feeling better and stronger both physically and emotionally. Thank you Dr Ram and Ayurveda. As my health continued to improve my family witnessed wellness returning and they also visited Dr Ram for consultation and treatments. Myself and my family have regained wellness and a deep love for Ayurveda. With a new found love for Ayurveda and a greater sense of wellness I decided to expand my knowledge of Ayurveda and attended trainings and workshops facilitated by Dr Ram and have thoroughly enjoyed Dr Ram’s expert knowledge and presentation of Ayurveda. I have learned so much about health and wellness the ayurvedic way. Thank you Dr Ram and Ayurveda
After feeling unwell for many years, my husband encouraged me to make an appointment with Dr Ram Mani Bhandari. After my consultation I knew he was telling me exactly how I was feeling. I was given a protocol to follow, diet, nutrition, medication, massage and exercises, to achieve harmony of body, mind and sprit, to balance and put everything back into sink. My treatment began with detoxification program (panchakarma) and therapeutic massage and herbal remedies. Over a week I continued to have daily massage and herbal remedies, I was feeling a vast improvement with my digestion, I was less stressed and depressed, and felt less bloated and my weight was falling, best of all I felt less hungry. I can personally recommend Doctor Ram to administer the Ayurvedic therapeutic treatment
Where nature meets bliss